- Enlist the help of a Road safety authority (R.S.A) Approved Driving Instructor(ADI). Ask for their ADI number, a five digit no (34000 upwards). They should know it by heart. If they don't have an ADI no. they are not a qualified instructor. It is illegal for anyone without an ADI qualification to give driving lessons for payment. You can see the list of ADI qualified instructors on the ADI website.
- Develop and practice a consistent driving plan..................... Always mirrors 1, signal 2, get into position3, 4;Speed, brake first and then choose the best gear for what's happening next. 5 Observe, look both sides at junctions even if you have the right of way. 6 progress, when its safe, make a clean getaway falling back into position.
- KEEP CALM. Keep the cool and think carefully about what's happening next. Keep a good clear distance ahead so you have time to think and plan.
- The driving tester is doing the testing. Don't test yourself. If you have made a mistake you can't go back and fix it. Just take a deep breath and say to yourself "what's happening next?"
- Listen to the testers instructions. If you are unclear ask the tester to repeat the instruction.
- Know your car. What are all the buttons for? Do you know all the fluids under the bonnet.
Friday, July 10, 2009
tips for passing the driving test
Tips tor passing your driving test.
Posted by Barry Gallagher ADI MARRM at 12:26 PM 2 comments:
Labels: ADI, driving lessons, driving test, RSA, tips
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)