- Enlist the help of a Road safety authority (R.S.A) Approved Driving Instructor(ADI). Ask for their ADI number, a five digit no (34000 upwards). They should know it by heart. If they don't have an ADI no. they are not a qualified instructor. It is illegal for anyone without an ADI qualification to give driving lessons for payment. You can see the list of ADI qualified instructors on the ADI website.
- Develop and practice a consistent driving plan..................... Always mirrors 1, signal 2, get into position3, 4;Speed, brake first and then choose the best gear for what's happening next. 5 Observe, look both sides at junctions even if you have the right of way. 6 progress, when its safe, make a clean getaway falling back into position.
- KEEP CALM. Keep the cool and think carefully about what's happening next. Keep a good clear distance ahead so you have time to think and plan.
- The driving tester is doing the testing. Don't test yourself. If you have made a mistake you can't go back and fix it. Just take a deep breath and say to yourself "what's happening next?"
- Listen to the testers instructions. If you are unclear ask the tester to repeat the instruction.
- Know your car. What are all the buttons for? Do you know all the fluids under the bonnet.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Tips tor passing your driving test.